VPInstruments announces new firmware for the Transmitter of the VPFlowScope M flow meter. Firmware 2.2.0 has improved reliability and stability. With this new firmware the VPFlowScope M is even easier to use. Coincidental, we release the VPStudio 3 software to configure and readout your VPFlowScope M.
The VPFlowScope M provides a complete solution for compressed air and technical gas flow measurement. It covers the entire compressed air system, from supply to demand side. Thanks to the built-in pressure sensor and temperature sensor, the VPFlowScope M is a powerful tool to detect what is really going on in your system.
New improvements of the VPFlowScope M firmware and VPStudio 3
- Easier data logging: No need anymore to start/stop your VPFlowScope M data logger. The VPFlowScope M features now a one-year circular memory. When you power your flow meter, your parameters (flow, pressure, temperature) are automatically recorded once per second. Via VPStudio 3 you can select the required period and data interval for your data analyses.
- New graphical display. With a new look & feel, the display can be customized to show one, two or three parameters. Moreover, the display can be adapted according to the surroundings by having black text on a white background or vice versa.
- Unified Modbus functionality. All Modbus functionalities are equally available over RS485 & Ethernet.
Update your VPFlowScope M Transmitter
You can now update your VPFlowScope M Transmitter free of charge (only when your VPSensorCartrdge has S/N 6100658 or higher). Updating goes via a VPFlowScope M Firmware Updater, which is enclosed with VPStudio 3. Read the complete release notes and follow the upgrade instructions carefully, before updating.
VPFlowScope M industry 4.0 flow meter
The VPFlowScope® M is a four-in-one insertion flow meter for compressed air and technical gases. It can be installed under pressure and measures flow, pressure, temperature, and total flow simultaneously. With its standard Ethernet interface, the VPFlowScope M will connect directly to any network and will form seamlessly one of the cornerstones of any real-time energy management platform. But it is also compatible with the traditional world, thanks to the standard 4..20 mA signals and RS485 (Modbus RTU) interface.
- Demand side compressed air monitoring
- Air audits
- Submetering of compressed air
- Ring networks (due to its unique bi-directional flow measurement)
- Cost allocation
- Industrial gas monitoring (air, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, argon and other dry, noncorrosive industrial gases)
- Leak detection